Johnson Auto Parts was established in 1927. The company was originally an automotive hard parts distributor. In 1945 the company became a DuPont Refinish Products distributor. Throughout the 50’s and 60’s product sales gradually changed from auto parts to auto paint.

In 1965 the company’s name was changed to Johnson Auto Paint & Supply Company, and became an automotive paint and equipment specialist. Mike Magnuson and Rick Hagopian purchased the company
from Gordon & Myrtle Magnuson in 1980.

With our ever growing presence in the automotive finishes industry we have diversified even further in 1999 with the introduction of the Standox Automotive line of finishes.

In 2003 the Johnson Auto Paint acquired Michigan Industrial Paint Supply which was a long standing DuPont industrial coatings distributor. With the addition of DuPont Performance Industrial Coatings we have changed our corporate name to Johnson Michigan Automotive & Industrial Coatings.

Johnson Michigan Automotive & Industrial Coatings is celebrating nearly 80 years of continuous service. Mike, Rick and their entire staff are proud to be part of the automotive and industrial finishing industry. Our goal is to make Johnson Automotive & Industrial Coatings Company the best DuPont Champion jobber in the industry.

Ferndale Location: 836 Livernois, Ferndale, Michigan 48220 * Phone (248) 541-3053 * Fax: (248) 541-1516
Lansing Location: 5321 N Pennsylvania Lansing, MI 48911 * Phone (517) 272-0669 * Fax: (517) 272-0739
Battle Creek Location: 2980 6th Ave Battle Creek, MI 49015 * Phone (269) 965-7268 * Fax: (269) 965-0653
Copyright 2013 Johnson Michigan Inc. All Rights Reserved